2020年5月26日火曜日

Too Old to Rock and Roll

She wanted to be like other people just for once, so she asked a friend home for tea. (p.29 l.20)

 This is a book in Oxford Bookworms Library 2 series. This book has three stories and it tells us life, love and friendship. It was a little bit difficult for me to understand the stories, because the contents of stories were dark and serious.

 The most impressive story for me was second story. It is about friendship and economic situation in family. Main characters are two girls. A girl wanted her friend to come to her house and have tea together, so they went. However, her friend was surprised at the house, because it is too old and has no light. Her family don't have much money and can't live comfortably. Her friend thought she doesn't want to go there again. It is a very serious issue, I think. She can't change the family situation easily, even if she wants to change. It is related to parents. As I wrote at the top of this page, she wanted to change herself, but it was difficult. What do you think about this situation?

 After I read this book, I thought about some problems in our lives. Also, I thought there are a lot of different lives. If you are interested in it, please try this book.

1 件のコメント:

  1. At first I burst out laughing very much to see the man on the cover. He looks so bossy and scary if his face is normal, but he crumpled his face like some paper!! The difference between the interesting cover and the story itself will stimulate a reader who takes this book for the first time.

    返信削除