2020年5月18日月曜日

The Death of Karen Silkwood


Somebody has to do something. Why not me? I care about you, about Susan, about everyone who has ever worked at that factory. (p.33 l.2~3)
 This is a book in OBW 2 series and a true story about Karen's death.  I was surprised the ending because I didn't expect it. I wanted to know a true thing, but we can't know about that. I thought this is a fictional story because it is really like drama, but this is a real story. It is very interesting.

One day, Karen starts new job. At first the job was good for her, but gradually, she found the factory was danger. She wanted to change the danger situation and save all people who work at the factory. In order to help them, she struggle with danger things. She couldn't talk with anyone about that, so she was suffering too much. Could she change the factory and save workers? Why did she die? Was it accident or not?

 I think Karen was a very brave and kind woman. It is not easy for me to struggle with difficult and danger things. However, after I read this book, I found that situation may change if I act. I want to be a woman who has courage and makes people around me happy.
 

1 件のコメント:

  1. I also felt that it is like a fictional story after I read your review! I'm interested in this ending!

    返信削除