2019年1月17日木曜日

The Elephant Man



He began to feel like a man, not a creature. (p.24 l.7)
 I read The Elephant Man, a level 1 book in the Oxford Bookworms Library. The main character is a man. His name is Joseph Merrick, but he is called the elephant man by many people. He isn't beautiful. His look isn't good. So when people see him, they laugh at him. One day a man thought he want to help Merrick. He wanted to give Merrick a home. He wrote a letter to the editor of a newspaper to get money. The readers were kind and gave money. Merrick could live in a good room. Merrick didn't have a friend, but one day a woman came to his room. It's a good meet for him. He was happy that she smiled at him and shook his hand. Gradually, he had a lot of friends. I thought the end is happy, but I was surprised at the end of this book. I couldn't expect it. I want you to check it. You will be surprised too. Also, this is true story and famous movie. I want to watch it on movie.

1 件のコメント: